This is my first blog post about cooking! Today we are going to make quinoa enchilada casserole, which is one of my favorites. My sister-in-law found this on Pinterest and shared it with me. You can make this a few days ahead of time and keep it in your casserole dish, then just pop it in the oven when you want to eat it.
First, we are going to make one cup of quinoa. Cooking quinoa is really easy, just use one cup quinoa to two cups of water. While that is cooking we are going to put all the other ingredients into a bow. The kids can help with this part!
Take green chilis and dump all of them in the bowl along with the corn, black beans and the green and red enchilada sauce. Then add half a teaspoon of chili powder, half a teaspoon of cumin and a little bit of salt and pepper. Then add my favorite, two tablespoons of freshly grated cilantro. Next, is the fun part. Put in three fourths cup of cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Then mix, mix, mix into a nice little soup.
Now, the quinoa should be done. You can tell its done when all the water has evaporated. Take your quinoa and mix it into the other bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Now, it is ready to be plated. Then sprinkle some cheese on top and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
- My Daiso (Japenese Dollar Store) Favorites
- Drugstore Pregnancy Skincare Routine
- BEST DRUGSTORE DUPES FOR HIGH END PRODUCTS FT. DEEPICA (BROWN GIRL APPROVED!)
- Sephora Spring Sale 2020 Picks - Best of Skincare & Makeup
- Salon Worthy Hair Removal At-Home: Sugaring, Threading & Dermaplaning
- Beauty Blender's New Foundation: First Impressions & Honest Thoughts!
- The Perfect Red Lip for Your Skin Tone & The Holidays!
- My Self Portrait Designer Looks 4 Way Less!