This is my first blog post about cooking! Today we are going to make quinoa enchilada casserole, which is one of my favorites. My sister-in-law found this on Pinterest and shared it with me. You can make this a few days ahead of time and keep it in your casserole dish, then just pop it in the oven when you want to eat it.
First, we are going to make one cup of quinoa. Cooking quinoa is really easy, just use one cup quinoa to two cups of water. While that is cooking we are going to put all the other ingredients into a bow. The kids can help with this part!
Take green chilis and dump all of them in the bowl along with the corn, black beans and the green and red enchilada sauce. Then add half a teaspoon of chili powder, half a teaspoon of cumin and a little bit of salt and pepper. Then add my favorite, two tablespoons of freshly grated cilantro. Next, is the fun part. Put in three fourths cup of cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Then mix, mix, mix into a nice little soup.
Now, the quinoa should be done. You can tell its done when all the water has evaporated. Take your quinoa and mix it into the other bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Now, it is ready to be plated. Then sprinkle some cheese on top and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
- TODDLER SLEEP TRAINING – THIS CHANGED OUR LIVES!
- Walmart Baby Must-Haves
- Walmart+ For All Your School to Summer Needs
- My Baby Skincare Trend That’ll Never Go Out of Style – Pampers Swaddlers
- A New Way to Gift on Mother’s Day with Greetabl
- Spring Refresh Finds from Walmart
- Everything You Need to Know About Walmart+
- Getting Schooled by Northwestern Mutual
- Giving Back to Our Teachers With Amazon!
- Dirty Rice Recipe – It’s So Good & Easy!
- Twinning With My Mini Oscar Style!
- Winter Getaway Essentials