Guys! This is a highly requested dish of mine that I’ve posted on stories before is finally on the blog. (I’m also sharing this Paleo friendly version that this pic belongs to from the blog
Here’s what you need:
-1 package of sausage (my fave is anything spicy Trader Joe’s has a jalapeno one and Costco has a great artichoke & garlic option) You can sub in tofu if veggie or just load up on the veggies
-1 red & green bellpepper
-1 red onion chopped coarsely
-garlic to season
-salt & pepper to season
-2 cups spinach (optional as is all the veggies)
-i bunch cilantro
-1 lime juiced
-1cup uncooked rice
What you do:
-Warm 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat
-Add chopped onion and garlic (about 1 teaspoon) and let cook for about 2 minutes
-Add chopped sausage and brown for about 5 minutes
-Add in any additional veggies (save spinach for last even after adding rice so it doesn’t wilt and lose all its nutrients)
-Meanwhile start cooking rice. I do this on the stove by boiling 2 cups chicken broth then adding 1 cup of rice. I also add cilantro and lime juice for added flavor. Boil rice then let simmer, covered for about 15-20 minutes or until soft & fluffy
-Once rice is ready, add to the sausage mixture and stir. Let cook together for about 2-3 minutes
-I always add the spicy yellow Aji Sauce to add the perfect flavor but the kids eat it without. It tastes great on its own too. If you come across any other sauces that taste good on top let me know!
- My Daiso (Japenese Dollar Store) Favorites
- Drugstore Pregnancy Skincare Routine
- BEST DRUGSTORE DUPES FOR HIGH END PRODUCTS FT. DEEPICA (BROWN GIRL APPROVED!)
- Sephora Spring Sale 2020 Picks - Best of Skincare & Makeup
- Salon Worthy Hair Removal At-Home: Sugaring, Threading & Dermaplaning
- Beauty Blender's New Foundation: First Impressions & Honest Thoughts!
- The Perfect Red Lip for Your Skin Tone & The Holidays!
- My Self Portrait Designer Looks 4 Way Less!